Monday, February 8, 2010

Nice Picture Number 2 'Femininity as I think how it should look


If you 're a bit of a romantic, you might like this famous painting 'Soul of the Rose' . It was painted in 1908 by one of the most important Pre-Raphaelite painters, John William Waterhouse. He was most famous for his paintings of female characters from mythology and literature.
He belonged to the later phase of the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood. One of Waterhouse's most famous paintings is 'The Lady of Shalott', a study of Elaine of Astolat, who dies of grief when Lancelot will not love her. He actually painted three different versions of this character.

If you like this painting, then you might want to visit this website: http://www.johnwilliamwaterhouse.com.
You can find most of his paintings here, as well as 'The Lady of Shalott'.

Sometimes it 's hard to explain, why I like a certain picture. I like this one because it makes me remember a lovely time that I never knew. It 's like I've been there, but I haven 't.

As you will see more of my 'nice pictures' in the future, you will notice that I like everything a bit in the extreme: for instance I love everything very feminine or very masculine. Average things don 't thrill me as much. Of course, life isn 't like that and it knows lots of grey areas, but that does make my search much more interesting.

This lady couldn 't be more feminine, and I would have loved to have known her, let alone be her. I think femininity should look like this painting. of Waterhouse. He must have known and loved women.

My next 'Nice Picture' will be about what I think masculinity should look like, and please... a warning in advance: don t' be shocked!

No comments: